This Blog's purpose is to offer information about congregations voting to leave the ELCA. Pastor Barnhart's other Blog offers information about current news events relating to the Church and the nation. It may be found here: http://livinginthetimes.blogspot.com/



Tuesday, September 15, 2009

TODAY'S WORD FROM THE LORD


The Spirit and the bride say, "Come." And let the one who hears say, "Come." And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost (Revelation 22:17).


The spectacular events of judgement contained in the book of Revelation reveal the one, true and Holy God will have the last word in all the affairs of men and nations. He will right every wrong and send forth His judgement on all who defied His Word. This great book also reveals the glory that awaits the saints who were washed in the blood of Christ and who nobly stood steadfast to the end. But, what amazes me most about the last verses contained in this last book of the Bible is that God concludes with an invitation to salvation. Today, God is still calling sinners to repent and come to Him, before it's too late! Many believe they have all the time in the world to get right with God, but there will come a time when God's invitation to salvation will cease for everyone. Isaiah declared: "Seek the Lord while He may be found; Call upon Him while He is near..." (Isaiah 55:6).


Lord, I do not want to go out into eternity lost. I believe Christ died on the cross for my sins, He was buried and raised from the dead in order that I may have Life. I earnestly repent of my sins and pray Your Holy Spirit enters my heart with your saving grace that I may be your redeemed child now and forever. Through Jesus Christ I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment