This Blog's purpose is to offer information about congregations voting to leave the ELCA. Pastor Barnhart's other Blog offers information about current news events relating to the Church and the nation. It may be found here: http://livinginthetimes.blogspot.com/



Sunday, November 22, 2009

TODAY'S WORD FROM THE LORD


"If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land" (2 Chronicles 7:14).


John MacArther writes: "The remedy to our nation's moral and spiritual woes must begin at the house of God. The process starts with personal repentance. And if Christians truly want to see God's blessing on our society, we ought to be models of genuine contrition and humility, rather than merely pointing fingers of blame at the evils of secular society."


Lord, let me join with fellow Christians and fellow Americans who truly seek your blessing on America as well as her restoration. To that end, I confess this nation's many sins and ask that you will lead us back to Your Word and Your will. Let my prayer be backed by my own willingness to do my part in making America's restoration become a reality. This I pray through the one and only Savior of the world, Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment