Based on a report in The Lutheran, May 2011, we have made the following additions and changes to our April 16 Update of congregations voting to leave the ELCA.
1. Added: Thai Mission, Rockville Md - passed second vote.
2. Changed: St. John Lutheran Church, Howard Lake MN - passed second vote.
3. Added: Peace Lutheran Church, Port Charlotte, FL - passed second vote.
4. Added: Immanuel Lutheran Church, Bailey's Harbor, WI - passed second vote.
5. Added: New Hope Lutheran Church, Comfrey, MN - passed second vote.
6. Added: Immanuel Lutheran Church, Estherville, IA - passed second vote.
7. Changed: Evangelical Lutheran Church, Eagle Grove, IA - passed second vote.
8. Changed: Immanuel Lutheran Church, La Vernia, TX - passed second vote.
9. Changed: Zoar Lutheran Church, Lebanon, PA - passed second vote.
10. Changed: Brighten Heights Lutheran Church, Pittsburgh, PA - passed second vote.
11. Changed: St. John Lutheran Church, Meyersville, TX - passed second vote.
12. Added: Grace Lutheran Church, Snyder, TX - passed second vote.
13. Added: St. Mark Lutheran Church, Graytown, OH - passed second vote.
14. Changed: St. Paul Lutheran Church, Yorktown, TX - passed second vote.
There are a few other congregations listed in The Lutheran that do not match with ELCA yearbook. We are investigating and will report if additional congregations should be listed.
To date, our April 16 Update lists 471 congregations that have taken two successful votes to leave the ELCA and 82 congregations whose second vote is pending.
Our total of members lost to the ELCA through the congregations listed is 276,300 (since August 2009).
This number does not include the membership losses through the establishment of new congregations, nor does it include the thousands that have left the ELCA on their own.
PLEASE NOTE, WE HAVE 26 CONGREGATIONS ON OUR LIST THAT ARE SCHEDULED TO VOTE IN MAY. PLEASE INFORM US IF THERE ARE OTHERS TO ADD.