This Blog's purpose is to offer information about congregations voting to leave the ELCA. Pastor Barnhart's other Blog offers information about current news events relating to the Church and the nation. It may be found here: http://livinginthetimes.blogspot.com/



Saturday, October 10, 2009

TODAY'S WORD FROM THE LORD


But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world (Galatians 6:14).


Paul is surely one of the greatest examples we could ever choose to follow. He once said, though not with arrogance, "imitate me." He could say this only because he was living a sanctified life through the power of the Holy Spirit. Are we walking today in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit so that we may say with Paul, "Imitate me?" If not, maybe we need to spend some time at the cross.


Lord, let your Word and Holy Spirit control my life today so that others will see Jesus in me and desire Him in their lives too. Let my life show forth thy praise! In Jesus' Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment