This Blog's purpose is to offer information about congregations voting to leave the ELCA. Pastor Barnhart's other Blog offers information about current news events relating to the Church and the nation. It may be found here: http://livinginthetimes.blogspot.com/



Wednesday, October 14, 2009

TODAY'S WORD FROM THE LORD


"For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline. Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord or of me His prisoner, but join with me in suffering for the gospel according to the power of God" (2 Timothy 1:7-8).


If there is anything we should desire today as Christians, it is to be anointed with "power and love and discipline." The ability to maintain a clear Christian witness in a world that has a growing hatred for Christ and the things of God is a gigantic challenge, but it is a challenge we can meet through the power of the Holy Spirit.


Lord, knowing you have not given me a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline, I pray that I may reflect your saving work in my life in both my walk and talk. May everything I say and do today bring honor and glory to You and Your kingdom. This I pray through Jesus Christ, my Savior and Lord. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment