This Blog's purpose is to offer information about congregations voting to leave the ELCA. Pastor Barnhart's other Blog offers information about current news events relating to the Church and the nation. It may be found here: http://livinginthetimes.blogspot.com/



Sunday, October 11, 2009

TODAY'S WORD FROM THE LORD


Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:6-7).


What a glorious invitation is given to us by our heavenly Father! Bring your cares and needs to Him. Jesus made the statement: "Until now you have asked for nothing in My name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full." The old hymn What a Friend We Have in Jesus says it so well: "O what peace we often forfeit; O what needless pain we bear, all because we do not carry everything to God in prayer."


Lord, forgive my lack of faith and my failure to cast all of my burdens upon You as You have invited me to do. Bring your grace, love and power into every situation in my life, and let me rejoice that, because of my salvation in Jesus, I have a heavenly Father who loves and cares for me. This I pray through Christ, my Lord and my Redeemer, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment