This Blog's purpose is to offer information about congregations voting to leave the ELCA. Pastor Barnhart's other Blog offers information about current news events relating to the Church and the nation. It may be found here: http://livinginthetimes.blogspot.com/



Friday, September 18, 2009

TODAY'S WORD FROM THE LORD


Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them (Hebrews 7:25).


This second verse in our "He Is Able" series focuses our attention on two glorious promises: (1) He is able to save forever. Here in this promise lies our assurance of salvation. We can live each day or go to sleep each night knowing we are saved forever through the blood and merits of our Savior Jesus Christ. (2) Jesus is in heaven at this very moment making intercession for us before the throne of His and our heavenly Father. Such knowledge is beyond all we could ask or think!


Lord, thank you for this new day and the assurance I am yours and You are mine! Let me rest knowing that my life, here and for all eternity, is secure in your love! Help me daily to reflect this wonderful knowledge in my conduct and through my testimony of your love and grace. This I pray through Christ, my Savior. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment