This Blog's purpose is to offer information about congregations voting to leave the ELCA. Pastor Barnhart's other Blog offers information about current news events relating to the Church and the nation. It may be found here: http://livinginthetimes.blogspot.com/



Saturday, September 26, 2009

TODAY'S WORD FROM THE LORD


How blessed is the man who does not walk not in the wicked, nor stand in the path of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers, but his delight is in the law of the Lord..." (Psalm 1:1-2).


These are days when every Christian must decide which side he or she is on. It has become so easy to walk the path of compromise, which leads to compromise, which leads to compromise. We must become like Joshua when he said: "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."


Lord, help me to walk today in the counsel of your Word. Enable me not to veer to the right or to the left in order to please others, but may my heart's desire be to please You in all I say and do. Through Jesus Christ my Lord, I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment