This Blog's purpose is to offer information about congregations voting to leave the ELCA. Pastor Barnhart's other Blog offers information about current news events relating to the Church and the nation. It may be found here: http://livinginthetimes.blogspot.com/



Tuesday, September 22, 2009

TODAY'S WORD FROM THE LORD


I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture (John 10:9).


Jesus had much to say about "being saved." Too many seem to recoil from that expression, failing to understand that "being saved" in this life has everything to do with the life to come. Being saved is not based on church membership or on good works; it is based on having a right relationship with God. This relationship is a free gift of God's grace as by faith alone we claim salvation which Christ won for us on the cross and through His resurrection from the dead. Salvation comes from Christ alone as a free give. Have you received that gift. If so rejoice and live out your days on the earth with confidence and hope. If you have not received God's free gift of salvation, or if you are unsure, invite Christ into your life today.


Lord, I come before you today a sinner in need of salvation. I believe you died for my sins on the cross. I believe you were raised from the dead for my justification. I earnestly repent of my sins and ask for the cleansing blood of Christ to cover me. Write my name down in the Lamb's Book of Life and make me your child, now and forever. Fill me with your Holy Spirit, that I may lead of life of victory and joy in Jesus. This I pray in the Name of my Redeemer and Lord, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment